PDA

View Full Version : intro

Nishad Rangnekar
29-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Hello everybody,
myself Nishad Rangnekar , residing at aurangabad maharshtra, i am an electronic design engineer, running a factory. we manufacture special electronic controls (Hardware + software) for various applications mainly in power electronics. I am an amateur photographer and love to photograph wildlife, especially birds. Harshad Barve who is a close friend of mine and also very kindly helps me in photography introduced this website to me. I am also an INW member. but as kiran khanzode says i dont want critiques like nice, very good, amazing, but critiques which can improve my photography whch i found on these forums.
regards
Nishad Rangnekar

Sabyasachi Patra
29-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi Nishad,
Welcome to IndiaWilds! Good to see an engineer in photography.

I agree with you regarding critiques. Friends may not point out the flaw creeping into your photography and good shot, great shot comments can make us complacent. Critiques help us in not only pointing out the flaws creeping into our photography but also helps in showing us a different perspective. Since in the field we make quick decisions, later on analysing it helps us in doing it better the next time.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Nishad Rangnekar
29-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi,
Will start to post shortly. and am very excited as i have gone through many of the posts and the exact comments recived. I am also very worried as the posters on this forum are extremely good and i am a total amateur. got shifted from a point and shoot camera to an DSLR a year back only. Any way nice to be a member of this responsive forum.
warm regards
nishad

Sabyasachi Patra
29-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Nishad,
Don't worry about good photographers here. We only compete with ourselves to fulfill our potential. In wildlife photography one has to learn photographic skills as well as the animal behaviour. So it is a lifelong learning. All of us are in different stages of learning. Digital has made learning photographic skills much more faster. I am often amazed at the rapid progress made by people in a year.

Learning becomes easier if you are able to look at the photographs of others and try to visualise the scene. If you don't understand the reason why a particular shutter speed or aperture is used, or the use of a particular ISO then please ask. That would enrich the discussion.

Please look at the tips section. In case you need any clarification on any issue, then please ask. All of us are there to help.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Nishad Rangnekar
30-05-2009, 10:22 AM
thank you sabyasachi, i will surely go through that
regards

Mrudul Godbole
30-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi Nishad,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Hoping to see your photographs soon..

AB Apana