PDA

View Full Version : Flight on the spot | Crested serpent eagle (juvenile)

Bhargava Srivari
01-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Saw this bird on the Mananthawady highway and all through the sighting the bird seemed a little disturbed- probably by the hoards of vehicles passing by. At one point of time, it flapped its wings very wildly for a few seconds and finally flew away.

On another note, I had not carried my 7D body to this trip and was apprehensive about missing its fast performance. However, I found myself very comfortable with the 60D; on second thoughts it was just the relatively slow AF system of the 60D that I did not enjoy. In all, the 60D certainly is a snappy performer and comes very close (sometimes its even better) to the 7D in terms of image quality.

Image copyrighted to Bhargava Srivari; Canon EOS 60D, Canon EF 300 f/2.8 L IS II USM + 1.4x extender III | Kabini, Karnataka | July 2012.

Rajan Kanagasabai
02-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Beautiful Picture. Actually, i downloaded your picture and opened up the exposure a bit and the result was stunning. Maybe you should try it too.

Yes, my neighbour has a 60D and the images it produces are very good. This body really comes alive especially during the night shots with long exposures.

Thanks for sharing

regards
Rajan