PDA

View Full Version : Bird Watching

Joshi Bhavya
10-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Lesser Whistling Duck watching carefully from the grass while taking photographs
I was impossible to notice the bird in hidden grass.. but due to movements.. I catch the Bird head. and start clicking..

When I convert into b/w. Image becomes Hideous.

Full frame Image.
With Canon 550D-70-300mm Macro
F:9.0
ISO:800
SS;1/500s

Mrudul Godbole
11-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Agree the black and white treatment doesn't look that appealing in this scenario. It is quite difficult to spot the bird. Can you share the coloured version to compare? Thanks for sharing.

Joshi Bhavya
11-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Agree the black and white treatment doesn't look that appealing in this scenario. It is quite difficult to spot the bird. Can you share the coloured version to compare? Thanks for sharing.

My idea is to getting or Make the Image Hidden. Due to single bird hiding in between grass and just put head up for watching on me and also looks mysterious to me. As the color of Duck is Golden and Grass is Green so In color Version its become contrast and duck can easily pop up. Though it was also looks great to me before B/w. but My mind changed after converting Black and White.

Here is The Color Version...

Sabyasachi Patra
11-10-2012, 08:58 PM
The colour version obviously pops up. However, central composition makes it static. The depth of field is fine. How much of a crop is this? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Joshi Bhavya
11-10-2012, 09:18 PM
sabyasachi, it is full frame image,

focal lenght .300mm. thanks for comment:-)