Juvenile painted storks at ranganathittu bird Sanctuary, Karnataka
Exif:
Shutter: 1/4000 sec
ISO: 800
Aperture f/5.6
E.V. 0

Mrudul Godbole
17-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Nice symmetry. The vertical composition looks nice. A lower ISO would have sufficed here. Were the corners darkened? Thanks for sharing.

Saajan Jogia
17-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks mrudul :)
I did vignette the edges in order to highlight the center.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Nice to see these juveniles. They often stay together and search for food. Rather than a central placement of the subject, less space at the bottom and more at the top would have strengthened the image.

Vignetting is done by marriage photographers and videographers. In wildlife photography, poor quality lenses result in light fall off at the corners. Vignetting is not a technique practiced or encouraged in wildlife photography. Though people try to darken background, blur the foreground etc, the best photos are the ones which are composed to lead the attention to the image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saajan Jogia
20-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback sabyasachi :)
I am completely aware that vignetting is used by wedding photographers as I've assisted in many weddings. The image is titled is 'soul mates', a phrase which is mostly linked to marriage, hence I've used vignetting to highlight the pair and to add a pure, poetic feeling to the whole image.