PDA

View Full Version : Boxer Mantis

Joshi Bhavya
18-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Indian 'Boxer' Mantids, Which is Uncommon Species of Mantis World, an Odontomantis species perhaps, so called because of their swollen front legs which look like boxing gloves. It appears to be a young nymph, and may look rather different when it matures into an adult, which may be winged, and very differently colored."

First time I thinking that its baby mantis. but when we saw hard Grasping front legs. I was doubt that it will be new one. But I take help of expert about Identification and found that it is uncommon spices cannot be seen everywhere, as like green mantis or other common species.

Information On this mantis.

Size: Approx: 1cm

Color- Dark-Black- Brown, With Orange shade eyes

habitat: found on grass, in between wild flowers and leafs in Forest

Behavior: Same behaviors as mantis do, Hiding when we go closer, Trying to escape, his antenna continuously vibrating, very tiny. I was surprise when mantis jumped to others grass at a distance of 24 inch. It is difficult to find it again and we lost it.

Nead More Information on this species if anyone Have the details :001_smile:please:001_smile:

Note: Photos are captured in quick time due scared mantis. Only get 5 mantis to examine this mantis. and mantis Jumped off.
With canon 550D-100mm Macro.

Atul Sinai
19-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Very well documented. Thanks for sharing the information.

Mrudul Godbole
21-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Nice image. Good you could sight and photograph this species. Thanks for sharing the detailed information about this species. Look forward to more.