PDA

View Full Version : A Cauvery Scene

Bibhav Behera
28-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Shot in the Cauvery River near Bheemeshwari.

Canon EOS 7D, 420mm
SS 1/1250 (+0.3)
f/8
ISO 400

Cropped a bit from the top for a wider composition.

Comments and critiques welcome.

Mrudul Godbole
29-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Liked the display of habitat. Nice to see a crocodile basking. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
29-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Love the scene. The open jaws of the crocodile add a lot. Until one notices the reeds, it appears as though the croc has launched itself out of the water :). Maybe less harsh light would have been better, but then the croc might not have been basking there earlier in the day...
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
03-11-2012, 03:05 PM
I appreciate your experiments, however for me this one doesn't work. The eye is attracted to the top black portion and within that there is a slightly lighted portion. The croc doesn't get the attention. Can we see the colour version?
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
06-11-2012, 10:33 PM
The top portion was a concern area for me as well. I considered cropping that off but it in my opinion made the image too Vanilla. So finally let it be.

Here is the colour version...

Sabyasachi Patra
07-11-2012, 08:55 PM
In this image the challenge of the top portion remains. However, the grass near the crocodile looks better. Was that a sand bar or something on which the crocodile is resting? Did you stay there?

Bibhav Behera
07-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Hi Sabyasachi,
I think the water level was quite low there, hence the Mugger was basking. I had gone there in the morning and was back after sunset.

Had one of my best afternoon naps under a tree to the sounds of the birds and the cool shade.

Off late my work schedules have not been allowing me to spend much time with nature. Nevertheless, the call of the wildernesses still make one find time some way or the other.