PDA

View Full Version : eternity...a river in afternoon lighting

Kaling Dai
29-10-2012, 11:26 AM
delinquent & destructive was this this river in summer, now naive and humble singing a song of eternity. an in camera HDR image.

Abhishek Jamalabad
29-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Nice shot. I like the contrasting cool blue hues of the river and the warm tones of the sunlit forest.
What is "in-camera" HDR? Were separate shots taken with varying exposure, or was it one single shot? Would like to see a single-exposure image for comparison, if you have one...
TFS

Mrudul Godbole
30-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Lovely landscape. Nice composition. It feels nice to see some wilderness areas undisturbed by humans. Where was this photographed?

Kaling Dai
30-10-2012, 09:01 PM
thanks for comments Abhisekh & Mrudul. this was shot in Upper Siang district, Arunachal. in camera HDR, camera takes 3 shots in different exposures & merged them by the camera. option is available in Canon 5DIII.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-11-2012, 03:12 PM
I like the sunlit portion. However, the other parts are too blue for my taste. Canon has experimented with in camera HDR here as it has become popular with lot of hobbysits. Can we see the image which doesn't have in camera HDR? That will help us in appreciating the lighting of the scene better.

This HDR craze will remain till the camera sensors have better dynamic range. Sony has announced 16 stops dynamic range in their new film cameras. Soon others will follow.

I would prefer to remain a purist. :)