PDA

View Full Version : Sam Dunes

Ashok Sorout
01-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Recently visited Jaisalmer, been to Sam a small village ahead of 30KM Jaisalmer, sand dunes first evening were visited using camel ride. The place was a commercial place with lots of tourists with lots of foot prints and empty bottles and other garbage thrown by the ppl.

Next morning decided to use my 4X4 fortuner to explore a virgin place without foot prints. It was tough to reach this location by car but finally made it and found this place where enjoyed the morning along with kids. The sand was very cold.

Canon 7D, 24-105, F5.6, 1/125, ISO 100, handheld.

Mrudul Godbole
01-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Lovely landscape. The patterns in the sand look nice. Good you could find a quiet place without human intervention. I feel moving the camera a bit more to the left, to remove the hint of the shrub on the top right and including the one on the left would have strengthened the composition further. Look forward to more from Jaisalmer. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-11-2012, 03:17 PM
On first look, I thought it was a spelling mistake. :)

Nice to see the sand dunes. I think some more experimentation in terms of composition would have been great. The bicycle (?) marks mar the scene. Did you sight any snake/lizard/cinkaras?