PDA

View Full Version : Sun Rise over Vasai Creek

Anil Kumar Verma
02-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Hi ,

Tried some landscape shots & quite pleased with the result which is attached. This sunrise was captured near Kolshet in Thane over Vasai Creek.

Camera : EOS 550D, Lens : EFS 18-135mmIS, Av : F/4, Tv : 1/1000, FL ; 18mm

Minor crop to remove extraneous elements.

Look forward to C&C.

Regards/ Anil Kumar Verma

Mrudul Godbole
02-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Nice landscape. The vertical composition looks good, as there is a bird on the top. Can you please upload a bigger resolution image, as presently it is difficult to see the details in this image. Thanks for sharing.

Anil Kumar Verma
02-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks Mrudul for the inputs. I preferref posting a smaller image since it fits the screen & can be seen in one view. Enclosing a higher size file & look forward to hear from you.

Regards/Anil Kumar Verma

Mrudul Godbole
02-11-2012, 07:45 PM
I liked the way you got the bird in the frame. Also the crows on the boat look nice. Wish the dog was not present. The shutter speed was quite high, you could have used a narrower aperture. Thanks for sharing.

Anil Kumar Verma
02-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks Mrudul for valuable feedback. Infact,my conscious frame was row of crows on boat as front elememt & sunrise at the back in a vertical formation.

Lucky to have the bird in frame , that too at very right spot.:D

Even I wished that dog wasn't there , but as they say, Every dog has its day.:closedeyes:

Thanks again for feedback.

Regards/Anil:)

Sabyasachi Patra
03-11-2012, 03:23 PM
For vertial images it is better to post a max size of 900 pixels on the longest side. Else, one needs to scroll.

This image doesn't look like cropped from the sides. The challenge is that the dog is very close to the left frame. More separation would have been better.

Is that an abandoned boat?

This image also tells us that feral dogs and crows are omni present. Due to the wasteful manner of human beings and the improper garbage disposal, the number of feral dogs and as well as crow population is on the rise often to the detriment of the raptor flying in the sky. Smaller vultures like egyptian vultures don't stand a chance infront of dogs in scavenging.

Anil Kumar Verma
03-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks Dada for inputs.

This part of creek is near to village Kolshet & there are many boats belonging to fishermen from this village.

A large part of Thane city's new development & urban population has emerged close to this village & people come here for morning walks & there is lot of litter & garbage all around.

One of disturbing view was that sea had spewed out all the offerings of Ganesh Visarjan & Durga Visarjan on the shores.

Sometimes, I really feel that next generation would define nature only with Crows, Dogs & Pigeons.

Regards/ Anil Kumar Verma