PDA

View Full Version : Common tree frog

Abhishek Jamalabad
08-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Shot in my garden near Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Maharashtra

A commonly found frog, which prefers moist deciduous forest. Also found in city gardens and in bathrooms. I have often found it in corners of my house during winter (possibly hibernating)
Breeding starts just before onset of monsoons.
Call is a very loud, sharp sound like someone tapping a metal pipe with another piece of metal.

Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE (I don't think I used Macro)
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/60
Av (Aperture Value) 4.5
ISO Speed 80
Flash On
Tripod used
Also lit by a nearby halogen lamp.
Cropped slightly, and sharpened after resizing. No other adjustments done.

Please comment, thanks for looking

Mrudul Godbole
08-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi Abhishek,

I think the halogen light is a bit harsh. There are some details lost below the eyes, you can try to recover them. Thanks for sharing the information.

Keep posting..

AB Apana
08-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Abhishek,

Agree with Mrudul. You need to pull back the highlights.

Apana

Abhishek Jamalabad
09-06-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm not so well versed with pulling back highlights .Please do it if you can, anyone, and tell me how. Thanks so far for the comments.

Bibhav Behera
09-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi Abhishek,
I pulled back the highlights a bit... let me know if u feel it adds value...

Abhishek Jamalabad
10-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks Bibhav, it definitely looks better, but is it possible to get back the part under the eye? Also, how did you do it?

Bibhav Behera
10-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks Bibhav, it definitely looks better, but is it possible to get back the part under the eye? Also, how did you do it?

Hi Abhishek,
The patch under the eye is blown and could not be recovered. When an image has overexposed parts then they can be toned down using the "Shadow/highlight" feature in Photoshop. Here u can pull the slider for highlights to the right to tone them down. Also you can use the level curve and fix the image such that the histogram is centrally placed. Another method is to play with the exposure control in photoshop. one can do a lot of PP but the best images as pointed out by a lot of photographers in the one that needs minimum PP...
:)
TC

Vikram Gupchup
22-06-2009, 04:33 PM
It's fun to make and use flash diffusers. For pop up flashes , old Fujifilm canisters , their bottoms choped off and slit along the length, fit nicely . For off camera or larger flashes, tissue paper and rubberbands , or icecream or similar plastic containers work well.