PDA

View Full Version : Brown-Capped Pygmy Woodpecker

Hymakar Valluru
06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Last weekend i had a great trip to K.Gudi Wilderness Camp.

Lot of new species got added to my list now and one of them is Brown-Capped Pygmy Woodpecker

Clicked under low light conditions and bird was well camouflaged at around ~80 mtrs from where i was standing.

Camera Model Canon EOS 60D
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 1000 (Auto)
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Nice rare image. Lovely white eyes. With little more luck you could have got the bill also. It happens. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
07-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Nice sighting. Difficult conditions to photograph. Look forward to see more from K.Gudi. Were you staying in JLR? Thanks for sharing.

P.S - the copyright mark is a bit distracting, you can use a bit smaller font size.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Cute little bird. I haven't photographed it yet. I agree with Shaktipadaji that if the bill would not have been hidden behind the leaf, then the image would have been strengthened.

Looks like to emphasise the meaning of "pygmy" you have created a copyright larger than the bird. :)

Wish you will get one closer and in better light in your next trip. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Hymakar Valluru
07-11-2012, 03:40 PM
In Lightroom i had never realized there were so many options make the copyright mark, I was experimenting and without realizing made so big and felt lazy to correct it. I have corrected the size today morning and Brown fish owl images will come in a decent size Copyright mark. :-)

Roopak Gangadharan
12-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Nice. this is the male. agree with the comments made.they are usually very busy with finding grub and allow close approach.

TFS
Roopak