PDA

View Full Version : Thicknee

Rajeev Khanna
09-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Great thick nee chambal river sanctuary
I was disappointed to visit this area the so called sanctuary doesn't have official arrangement for tourists or birding /wildlife enthusiasts Private arrangements can be made at the the Chambal river lodge at a hefty price , i wonder how private boats are allowed a free run at a important conservation area for river dolphins and gharials

Sabyasachi Patra
10-11-2012, 09:38 AM
From which side did you go enter Chambal? How is the road now after agra?

Rajeev Khanna
10-11-2012, 12:14 PM
road after agra is good to fatehabad road. the river has three ferry crossings i entered the river 20 km before the township of bah at a ferry crossing , the activities are completely controlled by the lodge owners as we did not have prior booking they refused to entertain us , the pricing appears to be directed at foreigners, no local facilities exist, i sought help from the local thana and they took us in the river on the ferry boat. I strongly feel that the three states bordering the river have done nothing, I believe it is better in the dholpur area , unless you are only interested in the skimmer i dont reccomend the lodge area

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Nice image. Large goggle eyes with white spectacles well documented.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
10-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Nice pose and eye contact. It seems the sanctuary is quite neglected and totally dominated by the private resorts. How are the sighting there? Thanks for sharing.