PDA

View Full Version : A Minimalist Seaside Sunset!

Abhishek Jamalabad
11-11-2012, 09:46 AM
My attempt to create a simple, no-frills sunset image. This place has a lot of additional elements to offer- boats, islands, the odd sea bird, or if one is lucky, maybe even a dolphin in the frame (this area is quite a hub of dolphin activity). Chose this time to avoid all those details, however, and concentrate on the silhouette of the rocks against the sunset hues. Retained a hint of the sea at the bottom right.
Clicked from an artificial embankment at Baithkol Harbour, Karwar.

Canon 550D, 18-55mm IS
SS 1/1600
Av 11
ISO 400
EC -0.7
Cropped from the bottom for a wider composition. Blacks deepened and +8 vibrance.

Thanks, C&C welcome.

Surya Mohapatra
11-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Nice view....

Mrudul Godbole
11-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I liked the composition. The cloud patterns add interest. Nice colours in the sky. Nice serene feel to the image. Seems the sun had just set behind the mountain. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
11-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks Mrudul. That is not a mountain, they are rocks in the near foreground :).

Sabyasachi Patra
10-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Abhishek,
This is nice. The sky has got nice details. The strong form of the rocks in the foreground adds interest. With the hint of the sea - the middle ground - the image has got an additional dimension. I like this image. Keep on experimenting. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi