PDA

View Full Version : Jim corbett national park in JAN 2013.

Akshay Kumar Manjunath
14-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Hello All,

Happy diwali to all the members of indiawilds!

I am planning for a wildlife trip to JimCorbett national park in the month of January 2013.We are totally 4 in nos.

I went through lot of trip reports and details of the national park , safari, accommodation etc .Most of the trip reports and blogs where people have mentioned about their experiences in jimCorbett national park mention about the involvement of middle men for safari and accommodation.

Can anyone suggest me the best way to handle this trip and if you know some one who can organize the trip for us .

Thanks in advance

Akshay

Sabyasachi Patra
21-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately middle men is a fact. And they charge hefty sum. There are private lodges outside the park and they too charge a bomb like JLR Kabini. Try booking directly through the forest department and see your luck.

Bhavin Ashar
21-11-2012, 04:40 PM
I have planned my trip to corbett in december through middleman only and yes they charge quite a bomb! From what I have heard from him, after the SC ban has been lifted the whole system has been plagued by high corruption for the safari bookings and FRH accommodation.
In the past I have tried to book through the system (for ranthambhor) and it is sad that you are allotted the same route for all internet bookings whereas these guys can work around and get you on different zones through offline bookings.