PDA

View Full Version : Legend!

Bhargava Srivari
19-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Lengend!

The tiger in the image is the popular male from Waghdoh, Tadoba. He is known quite a Casanova since his successful courtship with two females resulting in the birth of a total of 7 cubs in a gap of barely a few weeks. Not just that, he once again hogged limelight when he was seen regularly spending time with his offspring through the hot summer months. Then came the rains and other reasons for which the park remained closed for over 3 months.

The long 3 months passed by, I was back at Tadoba last week. With the jungle lush green and the undergrowth thick, sightings were expectantly low. However, the Waghdoh male tiger was there to ensure that our spirits didn't go too low! It was very heartening to see him come out of the season victorious and keep his very large territory intact. The good old tiger never fails to impress.

Canon EOS 7D, Canon EF 300 f/2.8 L IS II USM | Tadoba, Maharashtra | October 2012.
f/4, ISO 250, 1/320sec, EC -1/3, evaluative metering.

Mrudul Godbole
19-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Nice to know he is doing well. Good you got the eyes in clear. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Good to see an old tiger. Is this a large crop? The image doesn't look sharp. I would prefer these images with vegetation rather than the cement waterhole images. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Nice to learn Waghdoh male did not miss the appointment with you after the rains. I always like image with habitat.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.:Since you have seen and photographed him on many occasions,Bhargava Bhai, what may the estimated weight of this male, in your view.

Praveen Siddannavar
20-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Huge guy, probably the biggest ones in India. I agree with Sabyasachi that the image lacks sharpness, but it is always a nice feeling to see this legend live.

Saktipada ji he may weigh any where between 175-200 kgs. just guessing