PDA

View Full Version : Purple rumped sunbird

Keerthy Rajagopal
19-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Hello everyone! I shot this picture through the window of my house, where i spend some time in the weekends with the camera. Its interestng to see how many different kinds of birds visit a small garden if left undisturbed. It was always a challenge to click the sunbird, which was a daily visitor, yet very difficult to capture.

It was also interesting to watch the male catch and eat a small insect (not sure whether an ant or a spider).

Its a very large crop, because of focal length deficit.

EXIF:
Camera model: Canon EOS 550D,
Lens: Canon EF-S 55-250 II,
Mode: AV mode,
Focal length: 250mm,
Shutter speed: 1/160,
F Stop: 5.6,
ISO: 400
Metering: Center weighted average,
Support: Handheld
Crop: 70%
Manual focus.

Kindly let me know your comments and critiques.

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Tiny male photographed under trying conditions. Nice pose. Colours have come out well. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Kumaran Narayanaswamy
20-11-2012, 08:03 AM
nice freeze would have been good if eyes were visible but tough from this angle thanks for sharing

Kumaran

Roopak Gangadharan
20-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Nice .like the timing. eye contact wuld been great.the lovely colours of the neck have come out here.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
20-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Nice action captured. It looks like rocket :). Nice clean background. The vertical composition looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Nice pose. The outstretched beak looks nice. The neck colours have come out well. Unless there is sidelighting to get a glint in the eye, it is difficult to notice the eye from this position. A longer lens would have been great. Nevertheless the image tells a story. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Keerthy Rajagopal
20-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Thank you everyone for the comments :).
Just realized that i made a mistake with the shutter speed. Wating for the power to come back at late night, and uploading quickly before it goes off again, i typed the wrong data. It must have been 1/400 instead of 1/160. Sorry about that.

@Sabayasachi sir, i would like to buy the 400 f-5.6, but when is the tough question!:(