PDA

View Full Version : Common Kestrel

Bibhav Behera
26-11-2012, 08:20 PM
The Kestrel is soon turning out to be one of my favourite birds and ranks very high in the cute list inspite of being a raptor trailing only to the Spotted Owlet and the Rufous Bellied Eagle.

Shot in Hesarghatta. There were around 3-4 vehicles around this beauty. I decided that I wanted a low angle shot and crawled out of my car and into the shadows of one of the SUVs. I took a couple of frames after which this beauty flew. Little did I realise that I was just behind the rear wheel of the Car and a friend had to shout out to the driver of the vehicle not to reverse. :o

Canon EOS 7D, 420mm
SS 1/800 (+2/3)
f/8
ISO 400

Full frame image. Comments and Critiques welcome.

Roopak Gangadharan
26-11-2012, 11:21 PM
nice. worth being runover.......:D

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
27-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Your effort paid off. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
29-11-2012, 12:44 PM
For some strange reason I feel the kestrel has a bewildered look. The eyes say it all. very nicely captured at a low angle. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-12-2012, 09:27 PM
No image is greater than life and limb. Accidents happen and they can be really nasty. So better to be careful. I just read in Odiya papers in Odisha that one poacher mistakenly shot dead another.

The low angle is good. The eye contact is nice. However, the out of focus green bush doesn't add to the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi