PDA

View Full Version : Changeable hawk eagle- Diwali gift

Prasad Dingankar
27-11-2012, 09:45 PM
By the time I am uploading this Image this beautiful raptor must have completed his home in our farm at my village. When I went there I saw him once. I thought he would be here in the search of food. then he disappeared in the jungle Just uphill our house. he came back, then after some search I saw his nest preparation. It was great seeing him swiftly moving in the thick trees with an ease. The perch on which it is seen in the picture must be his favourate one. Because every time he goes, he comes back & sit on the jackfruit trunk for a while & then goes to the mango tree where he was building his house. One can easyly make out his strength by mearly seeing the size of the stick he is holding in the leg, that he brought from the thick forest at ease.

Exif
500D with 400mm
AV- 6.3
TV- 1/1000
ISO- 800
exposure- 0
Handheld, crop

Anand Madabhushi
28-11-2012, 04:15 AM
awesome perch and details. Hope you will be seeing him often.

Roopak Gangadharan
28-11-2012, 01:01 PM
nice one prasad. what is the size of the forest near your home?? is it contagious with some reserve /PA??

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
28-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Liked the perch and the eye contact. The stick he is holding is quite big, shows his strength well. Good that you could observe his behavior in detail. Thanks for sharing the details. Look forward to more.

Prasad Dingankar
28-11-2012, 04:25 PM
nice one prasad. what is the size of the forest near your home?? is it contagious with some reserve /PA??

TFS
Roopak

Exact size of the jungle, I can't say but approximatly its around 50 to 60 sq km. It is not even near any reserve. There are reports of the presence of leopards in the area. I had never seen one but the workers working for a small check dam for water supply to our wadi (colony of villagers) had seen it well within 25-30 meters. And both ran off seeing each others.

Saktipada Panigrahi
28-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Superb.
I am imagining that you are at 'Kaladhungi', Corbett's winter home and wandering in the scrub jungle nearby.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
29-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Lovely image Prasad. They eye contact is nice and yes the bird does look like a disciplinarian with that stick ;). Its lovely that you could observe such nice behaviour and document it. Atleast for me its learning. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Prasad,
Great to know that your home is close to a patch of forest. I had once gone to our ancestral village and saw green pigeons in a tree at about the height of 15 feet. Unfortunately I had not taken my camera. Next year when I went there with my camera, I saw that my uncle has already cut the tree. :( People just can't value our trees and forests. Everything starts and ends with money. :(

It is great to see this raptor holding a big stick. Slightly pulling up the black shadows of the background will look nice. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi