PDA

View Full Version : Crested Serpent Eagle

Amit Paralikar
14-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Thanks for all comments. The earlier photo appears to be of Oriental or Eurasian Cuckoo. Submitting another photograph of Crested Serpent Eagle. This was also taken at Corbett NP in Apr'09 with my Canon S5IS EV:1/319 ISO-200, AV-3.62, FL:72mm.

Abhishek Jamalabad
14-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Why have you reduced the breadth of the original so much ? Also, the text added at the top draws attention away from the actual photo. If you have the original, please post that one, with only resizing, corresponding to the original (if you're using photoshop, select the "constrain proportions" option) and without the text. Looking forward to it.

Amit Paralikar
15-06-2009, 05:46 AM
I dont hv WIN os i hv Linux os. However the scaling option is there which i am learning. I will try your advise. Thanks Abhishek.

AB Apana
15-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Agree with the comments. What image processing software are you using?

Apana

Mrudul Godbole
15-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi Amit,

There is some movement so the eye is not sharp, I think the focus is on the twig infront of the eye. Were you hand holding? You could try focussing manually, when the BG is very clustered.

Look forward to see more..

Amit Paralikar
16-06-2009, 04:37 AM
As per Abhijeet's request i m uploading the image without titles however, i dont know whether the size is alright or not. pl.comment.

Amit Paralikar
16-06-2009, 04:45 AM
Thanks Mrudul,

Yes, I was handholding the camera & the focussing was done manually. I am using GNU image manupulation programme of Fedora o/s.

Abhishek Jamalabad
16-06-2009, 08:07 AM
That's much better than the first. I Can't tell exactly where the focus is... Was it possible for you to move a bit to the left? If yes, then you could have avoided the twig in front of the face. Is this a big crop, or taken in digital zoom? That could be the cause of the deterioration of the image's sharpness and quality... The settings don't seem too bad... The resizings seems good to me. If you want to add text, add a small amount at an empty place in the frame, like the bottom right side, and add it with a small font and not so eye catching colours.
And by the way, I'm ABHISHEK, not ABHIJEET :D

Amit Paralikar
21-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks ABHISHEK, The twig is there because in Corbett NP we cannot move on our own & we cannot get down from the jeep. If we move our jeep the bird may fly away despite this after taking this photo we moved the jeep forward however the angles from that place were more acute with less view of the subject. Secondly this is not a crop but taken with digital zoom. I will remember your advice reg adding text next time. Thanks again.