PDA

View Full Version : Golden fronted leaf bird.... Diwali Target

Prasad Dingankar
03-12-2012, 10:04 PM
This is some Decent shot from the many. Actually I was not concentrating properly that time, probably due to the veriety of species around, though my primary target was leaf bird. Critique most wel come.

Place- My village
Exif
AV-6.3
TV- 1/800
ISO- 800
zero compensation
Hand held, crop

Prasad Dingankar
03-12-2012, 10:06 PM
The time when it was very close my setting was not right. This one is full frame. But I was litrally shaking, trying too hard probably

Saktipada Panigrahi
03-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Lovely image of the beautiful bird. It appears to me that it is a male Blue-winged Leafbird (Chloropsis cochinchinensis).I like the first image and the colourful composition. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.: In The Ripley Guide, the race is treated as Jerdon's Leafbird (Chlopsis jerdoni)

Mrudul Godbole
04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Cute bird. Good you could photograph it. In the first image the eye contact is nice and the habitat looks good. In the second image, a vertical composition would have been better as presently the tail is getting cut. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
04-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Nice colours. Agree with shakti sab on ID.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
05-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Nice to see this species. The trick is to relax. When you are relaxed, your movements are also steady and measured. The birds will also not get alarmed and you will get them close and nice. Banish any kind of fear from your mind, including fear of failure.

Rather than focusing on too many species, decide on any one and observe the species for more time. That will help in increasing knowledge as well as give opportunity for creating better images.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prasad Dingankar
06-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Nice to see this species. The trick is to relax. When you are relaxed, your movements are also steady and measured. The birds will also not get alarmed and you will get them close and nice. Banish any kind of fear from your mind, including fear of failure.

Rather than focusing on too many species, decide on any one and observe the species for more time. That will help in increasing knowledge as well as give opportunity for creating better images.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Thanks a lot....