PDA

View Full Version : Green Beak

Goutham Shankar
15-06-2009, 11:56 AM
|Canon 40D|400mm f5.6 L|ISO 400| -0.3 EV | 1/1000 |

Mrudul Godbole
15-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Lovely photograph, sharp. The details in the feathers and the eye contact add to the composition. Would have loved a bit more space on the left and bottom.

Abhishek Jamalabad
15-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Great image, I've never noticed these colours. Composition seems good enough to me. Is this a little egret? How many of you noticed the blurred out bird at the right of the frame? (pond heron?)

AB Apana
15-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Goutham, would have loved to see the entire bird. Try pulling the whites a bit more. Over here you can try up to 2 stops underexposure. Show me the histogram of this image sometime.

This is a Great Egret, Casmerodius albus, in breeding plumage.

Apana

Sabyasachi Patra
15-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Goutham,
I agree about pulling the highlights a bit more. Which software do you use?

The complete bird would have been good. Which focus point were you using? Were you handholding? You can focus and then recompose to get the complete bird. The pond heron has been very nearly hidden and doesn't bother me much. However, by using focus and recompose, you could have got more space at the left and less at the right, there by losing the out of focus pond heron in the background.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Goutham Shankar
16-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi Sabyasachi,

Software : PS CS 4.
Before buying 400mm f5.6 L lens ... I wanted to test the lens hence rented out 400mm f5.6 L lens. I was handholding. (In the boat). I had a real tough time in composing the subjects. so did not bother much about composition just wanted to shoot as much as I can and test different things.

Thanks
Goutham

Murugan Anantharaman
16-06-2009, 10:55 AM
nice image...love the plumes and the greenish blue patch...also agree that more space in the bottom would have been better.