PDA

View Full Version : Keeping it simple!

Bibhav Behera
07-12-2012, 06:42 PM
I will share with y'all the thought behind the title. Very often we witness something interesting and feel that we don't have the right equipment to do justice to the scene. Thus starts the vicious cycle of craving new equipment. We all have been a victim of the same at some time or the other.

But then the idea is to make the best of the situation and use your equipment to the hilt.

Here there was this Gaur in great light with its entire body standing out against the bluish background and it giving me a stare. Wishful thinking would lead one to crave a 600mm, but then a 300mm with a 1.4x was all I had. And what appealed to me more was the green and blue division of the frame with the gaur on one end.

Canon EOS 7D, 420mm
SS 1/200 (+0.3)
f/8
ISO 400

Cropped from the top to remove space on top. Comments and critiques welcome. Will share the full frame as well.

Mrudul Godbole
08-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Nice environment photograph. I agree going for full frame or close-ups all the time we forget the habitat in which the animal is and try to show only the animal or crop to get it close. I liked the composition. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I remember seeing this in black and white in mammals section. The colour version definitely looks better.

Abhishek Jamalabad
10-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Lovely. Agree entirely with your thoughts here. Where was this clicked? Look forward to many more habitat portraits.
TFS