PDA

View Full Version : One Horn Rhino

Hussain Nalwala
10-12-2012, 06:30 PM
A very rare specie of Rhino...... found only in Assam and Nepal on Elephant back safari.Shot this in Nepal last month. Camera 7D, Lens 70-200mm, ISO 400 f/6.3 shutter 1/250sec.

Mrudul Godbole
10-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Nice to see a Rhino. Good composition. Is this photographed in Kaziranga? Thanks for sharing.

Hussain Nalwala
10-12-2012, 10:31 PM
No it is in Chitwan Nepal...

Sabyasachi Patra
11-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Nice to see a Rhino from Royal Chitwan National Park. Earlier there used to be lot of movement of Rhino's, elephants and tigers from the Nepal side to India and back. Even today there are a few movements of elephants. One Rhino which had come to this side was reported to have been killed.

How is the place now? Is it safe for tourists now? What other sightings you had there. Some early studies about Tiger behavioiur was held in that place. Would love to hear more about the place.

Slight change in colour balance will help.

Praveen Siddannavar
11-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Lovely! Will hear to hear to know more on this forest and the species
tfs

Hussain Nalwala
11-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Nice to see a Rhino from Royal Chitwan National Park. Earlier there used to be lot of movement of Rhino's, elephants and tigers from the Nepal side to India and back. Even today there are a few movements of elephants. One Rhino which had come to this side was reported to have been killed.

How is the place now? Is it safe for tourists now? What other sightings you had there. Some early studies about Tiger behavioiur was held in that place. Would love to hear more about the place.

Slight change in colour balance will help.

Thanks for your comments. I think now the park is quite safe and there were lot of tourist all around the park. The best part was that the safari is on an elephant back which allows you to go really close to the animals. There are quite many Rhinos there so sighting is 100% sure. Besides this we saw a Monitor Lizard (which I will post later) and the normal spotted deer. Nothing much. No tiger was sighted. (I did not expect it either). If you are interested in the Rhino then it is a must place to visit.