PDA

View Full Version : Hidden jewel | Tiger | Kabini (RE-POST)

Bhargava Srivari
12-12-2012, 09:01 PM
After the discussion we all had over the previous version of this image, I have made a complete reprocess and posting again. I am also replicating the description I wrote for the original post.

The second half of this year proved to be invaluable to me in terms of the tiger sightings I've had in Kabini.

After careful planning and lots of discussion, we had decided on trying a new route addition to the safari area for this particular morning safari. However, just before entering the designated area, we changed course and went straight towards the backwaters. Even after reaching backwaters, our naturalist made another quick change in the road we were to take. A minute on this Eucalyptus plantation road and the naturalist- a very senior guy and a lucky one too for me personally, Umesh- calmly said "Tiger, tiger, tiger". It took us a few seconds to know where to look and there he was- a clean, handsome male Tiger, staring at us from behind dense undergrowth. He was in all probability resting beside the road and got up to stand on hearing our jeep approach. What followed was a quick fire of some images from all our cameras and the tiger then dashed off into the thickets in a flash. We did later on manage to catch a glimpse of him again that morning, but it was so quick that there wasn't any scope for further imaging.

Canon EOS 7D, Canon EF 300 f/2.8 L IS II USM + 1.4x extender III | f/4, ISO 640, 1/250 sec, EC -2/3, evaluative metering | Kabini, Karnataka | November 2012.

Mrudul Godbole
15-12-2012, 11:09 AM
The colours look better here. Thanks for re-posting.

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
11-02-2013, 06:07 AM
fantastic.