PDA

View Full Version : Backyard birding begins-Coppersmith Barbet

Murugan Anantharaman
15-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Its been a very long time since I posted in Indiawilds. Work's keeping me awfully busy.Major org changes result in hell and there was no way I could steal time out. Thanks to US and Europe taking it easy during december I could finally manage some time out.

Went back to my terrace/balcony and was surprised to see the variety of birding options. Barbets,Orioles,sunbirds,bulbuls,robins.... winter seems to have invited a lot of them. Posting the first of a few images taken a day earlier.

Nikon D7000,f/5.6,SS 1/640,ISO 400,ec +.3,fl 300mm.Slightly cropped.

Mrudul Godbole
17-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Wow nice to see it with a berry. Good eye contact and catch light. Look forward to more birds from your balcony :). Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
17-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Nice Murugan. like the eye contact and the perhaps the most likely place to catch a coppersmith barbet.... they just love figs

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
19-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Good one. Love to see your birding options from your balcony. I need one small corner in "Castle Murugan" for photographing these lovely birds. :)

I have seen them in many places in fig trees, including one in Malaysia. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
19-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks everybody for the comments.

Sabyasachi: Its no castle Sabysachi, just a flat :). And much to my chagrin the trees as going to be flattened to give way for high rises as I shift to a new apartment soon.