PDA

View Full Version : Differences of opinion???

Prajwal J Ullal
18-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Here is another frame from the recent trip to a local river bank.
A Northen Pintail and, I guess a Gadwall, was all left steady and calm after a huge flock of birds flew off after seeing us moving along the banks. Loved the frame where these two birdies seemed as if they had a huge debate and are not ready to see each other on to the eyes...
Need ID help on the bird on the left...
EXIF:
Canon EOS 550D
Canon 55-250 IS
Exposure 1/1000sec
Aperture f/9.0
Focal Length 250 mm
ISO Speed 400
Exposure Bias -1 EV
Hand Held shot

Mrudul Godbole
23-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Nice to see two different bird species in the same frame. Good eye contact from both. The different in size is nicely documented. Not sure of id, as I dont have my bird book with me. Experts please help. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-01-2013, 08:18 PM
The rocks have come out well. How much of a crop is this. Is there a temple near this river? There seems to be some flowers lying on the right. Why not compose only with the pintail?

Prajwal J Ullal
14-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Thank you for your valuable comments
-This image was slightly cropped, roughly 5-7%,
-the whole waterbody area is highly abused but the locals with consistent dumping of all sorts of idols during festivals, the waste from Idol worship(all through out the year) and also other waste materials, sand mining etc.
-There were other frames where I had only kept Pintail in composition (still, taking off and in flight). I loved the positioning of these two birds at that particular moment, hence captured it and shared in the forum.