PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Country

Abhishek Jamalabad
28-12-2012, 01:48 PM
A habitat scape from Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Maharashtra. A pair of Shaheen falcons (Falco peregrinus peregrinator) has been residing there for quite some years now. One of them can be seen in this image.
I had intended to use the 100mm to get an image of the falcon with the hills in the BG. It did indeed fly very low and close to me on a few occasions, but since I was climbing at the time, I didn't have my hands free to use the camera. When I got to a stable enough position, it was quite far off and didn't return. :(
Thought of posting this one as a habitat image, although the falcon here is way too tiny in the frame...

Canon 500D, 100mm Macro
SS 1/1000
Av 10
ISO 200
Cropped for composition

Thanks, C&C welcome.
It would be great if any of our Mumbai members could occasionally monitor this falcon family.

Roopak Gangadharan
28-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Would been great if the falcon was closer....typical habitat, they nest in rocky crags and cliffs. Nice landscape

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
28-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Nice landscape. The pano composition looks good. Good to know there is a pair shaheen falcon residing there. Nicely documented. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Visualising a scene is important. I am sure you will get it next time. How stiff is the climb?

Abhishek Jamalabad
18-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Sabyasachi, most of the climb is easy, but there are a few short steep stretches with intermittent plateaus near the top.