PDA

View Full Version : Baya Weaver - Male with Funky Hairdo

Rakesh Dhareshwar
17-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Exposure Time

Sabyasachi Patra
17-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Rakesh,
This is a lovely one. I have never found them close by. It is great that you got it in a different pose than the normal pose that we see near the nest. Background is clean. Image is sharp. The only change I would have tried is a higher ISO and narrow aperture f8 or above. A nice image and I am sure you would be highly satisfied with it.

By the way, where is this place. Also please mention the date so that it remains as a sighting record.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
17-06-2009, 11:21 AM
lovely sharp image...just feel a bit more brightness would enhance this image

Mrudul Godbole
17-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Sharp image. Beautiful bird.The colour and details are nice. The upturned feathers make it more interesting.

Bibhav Behera
17-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi Rakesh,
Lovely bird there. The 'hairdo' looks good. I feel a slight increase in brightness would help more.

Rajan Kanagasabai
17-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Brilliant image Rakesh

Haven't seen a Baya this close. A question i have for you is, i know these birds are extremely chirpy and nimble and is almost impossible to get an ideal setting like you did.

Where you studying it's perch patterns and kind of decided to wait at one of the perches with a prefixed frame in your mind or was it that it was an extremely cooperative bird ?

The reason i ask is, i spent almost 3 hours on one of the colonies during my recent trip to Parambikulam, but was never able to frame it with a clean background.

Would be great to hear your tips on the same.

regards
Rajan

Rahil Abdulghani
17-06-2009, 03:29 PM
beautiful shot rakesh. splendid.

AB Apana
17-06-2009, 05:22 PM
No nits here Rakesk. It has a ctachlight and all feather detail has been retained. TFS!

Apana