PDA

View Full Version : Get off my plane - Black Tailed Godwits in a territorial battle

Supreet Sahoo
29-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Just returned from a short trip to mangalajodi and was a delightful experience to add some more species to my bird list. Had a short but fruitful trip and a chance to meet some old friends and make some new ones. The surprise package happened to be a short tv interview by times now about conservation of the mangalajodi marshes which wasnt great as we missed to make a shot of the little stint which landed not very far from the camera crew. :tongue_smilie: So if you happen to stumble upon the interview you will know why i looked so pissed !!! :lol::lol:

Canon 7d, 300 f4, 1.4x
1/1250
0 ev

Regds
Supreet

Roopak Gangadharan
31-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Super. Very neatly done. nice low angle, the action is well freezed and the timing is spot on. The habitat has come good as well. is there a slight tilt ?

TFS
Roopak

Murugan Anantharaman
31-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Lovely image. Not sure if there is a tilt or is it because of the angle of the birds. Thanks for sharing.

Supreet Sahoo
31-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks guys, i always had the doubt about the tilt but I think its because of the same reason mentioned by Murugan.

Abhishek Jamalabad
31-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Superb. Love the freeze (and I don't mind the blurred wing tips :)). It does look like the image is tilted, though... the reed bed as well as several BG elements appear tilted (?)

Supreet Sahoo
01-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Here's a repost of the edit that I did with some CW rotation and I have cropped it further to avoid some of the distracting bg.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Nice action. Looking at the first post, one can see that there is a tilt. Thanks for sharing.