PDA

View Full Version : A crow attacking weavers nest

Dr Ajay Kumar Singh
03-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Happy New Year!

Sorry for posting the photograph of a Crow. I took this photograph while I was in a park at Shakti Nagar (near Singrauli) in the month of Aug, 2012. I saw some beautiful weaver birds and their nest. Suddenly this crow came in picture and attacked the nest and took 2 babies. This is one of the photographs I took while the crow was desperate in finding a way inside the nest.

EOS 40D, 215mm, F/5.6, 1/128, ISO 100, Manual,cropped

Saktipada Panigrahi
03-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Nice image of the predator attacking crafty Baya Weaver's nest. In nature there is no remorse. Crow is the first bird to give us wake-up call.
Corbett was once lamenting in the later part of his life why during his younger years he drove away a tigress from a kill and her two cubs might have starved during that night.
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
03-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Quite a rare sighting of a crow attacking on a baya weavers nest. Did you get any images of it carrying the chicks? Thanks for sharing.

I will shift this thread to the Natural history section as it depicts a rare natural history moment.

Supreet Sahoo
03-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Thats one hell of a sighting there, any images of the crow carrying the weaver chicks !! Congrats and tfs

Roopak Gangadharan
03-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Intresting sighting

TFS
Roopak

Dr Ajay Kumar Singh
03-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Thank you, Unfortunately couldn't capture the crow carrying the chicks.