PDA

View Full Version : Shikra (F)

Hymakar Valluru
03-01-2013, 03:36 PM
This Shikra has perched on a tree right at the entrance of Salim ali bird Sanctuary, Goa. It was 8.30 in the morning and the light was getting brighter by minute, This lady was sitting in the shade of few leaves and having a great sighting of human movement few feet beneath.

My wife has spotted the her and myself and my sons pulled out our Arsenal and started firing left right centre... The lady started making all sorts of expressions some starring right into the camera...

We were pretty calm and atleast 20 feet away from the tree with very limited movement, but its noisy road so our behaviour would barely have any impact on her.

Camera Model Canon EOS 60D
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1250
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.7
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III

Sucheth Lingachar
03-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Nice Action Captured...

Roopak Gangadharan
03-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Nice.Like the eye contact and crazy expression....:D. Did u try a vertical / more space at the bottom?
TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
04-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Nice slighting. I liked the way it has slightly tilted its head. The calling pose adds to the composition. Some more details would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
07-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Nice to see it making faces at you :). I saw a Shikra perched near my terrace this morning. Will post its images soon. Thanks for sharing.