PDA

View Full Version : Took a week to get this.....

Anand Madabhushi
14-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Tv 0.6; Av 6.3; ISO 500; Focal Length 40 mm; Manfrotto and Cable release.

Parked myself in pitch dark for 20 minutes. Kept on focusing manually. Grabbed before he/she went in. Only one shot.

Mrudul Godbole
14-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Wow this is close. Your patience has paid off. The stare looks great. Good details. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
16-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Nice one... good eye contact. the low shutter has hit the sharpness but pretty well done considering that it was dark.... may be a higher ISO even with some noise will be ok in this scenario. I have tried using a low intensity torch and pointing it just below/ above the bird along with a higher ISO and the results seem decent...but then i mostly click for record rather than image quality.

TFS
Roopak

Anand Madabhushi
16-01-2013, 09:53 AM
I have tried using a low intensity torch and pointing it just below/ above the bird along with a higher ISO and the results seem decent...but then i mostly click for record rather than image quality.

TFS
Roopak

Roopakji, the trio have been very nice to me over the last ten days. So much so on last Saturday and today when other photographers accompanied me they did not get down from their perch. Yesterday I got a very good session of 40 minutes with them. I reach the place in darkness. I thought of using my mobile for lighting. They may lose their trust in me. They spend just a second on this perch and enter the borough and keep looking in to my camera. They leave and come back. I am so comfortable that I have time to change the settings and also video graph them.

Regards

Anand