PDA

View Full Version : Closer look at Shikra!!!

Murugan Anantharaman
16-01-2013, 08:24 AM
I have been noticing, since this shikra came to my backyard many of the regular birds dont frequent the big peepal tree where the shikra remains perched. The tree is generally frequented by orioles,bulbuls,barbets but now all of them have shifted base to other trees. Dont know if its the shikra but it does seem a bit obvious.

Nikon D7000,f/5.6,SS 1/250,ISO 200,fl 300mm. Cropped.

Saktipada Panigrahi
16-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Its a female Shikra. Nice eyes and bill. I have a nice feel about the image and your preamble. Kindly keep watch on this hawk and if she finally decides to perch here, you will observe a lot of drama possibly with drongo and crow during the nesting season starting in March.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
16-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Nice. agree with shaktida ..if ur lucky you may see the oriole or barbet under its claws soon. mid afternoon is a good time, hope u have an understanding boss..:D

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
16-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Nice eye contact. Good to know it is planning to settle there :). As mentioned by Saktida and Roopak, look forward to see some action. Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
17-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Muruganji, you will have a great bird to observe and a subject to record her life as your neighbor.