PDA

View Full Version : Montagu's Female

Sucheth Lingachar
24-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Photographed at Bangaluru Outskirts, light was very bad and this guy was on the small rock in the middle of the grass,it was very difficult to spot this guy,in the process of spotting this one unexpectedly i saw Indian Hare jumped in front of me and ran away but i couldn't get any images of that. searched for the Indian Hare for half an hour but n luck but overall experience was super...
Nikon D3100, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED + AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II/14E, Cropped
F/5.6,1/320s, ISO 800, 420mm

Sabyasachi Patra
24-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Nice to see this one. I guess there was some vegetation infront of the lens? It would have been great to see an interaction between the hare and a bird of prey. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
24-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Nice one sucheth. what is this Female guy ???....:)

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
24-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Nice head turn and eye contact. It is good to know there is sightings of both hares and raptors :). Some more details would be good.
Seems Roopak has noticed that you have mentioned Montagu's female and said that this 'guy' was on a rock :). Thanks for sharing.

Sucheth Lingachar
24-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Thank you Sabyasachi Patra, Roopak and Mrudul for your valuable comments....

Roopak : sorry for Female Guy..... :)
Mrudul: there was so much of disturbance and low light, couldn't focus properly... it flew off after few shots...

Murugan Anantharaman
25-01-2013, 11:39 AM
I can figure, if the greens werent visible in this image then the harrier would almost be invisible. Nature's camouflage is quite amazing. Nice image and yes the 'guy' thing was quite funny :).Thanks for sharing.