PDA

View Full Version : Colours of Sunset at Deomali Peak

Partha Pratim Patra
24-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Deomali is the highest peak of the entire Eastern Ghat hill range.
It stands 1672 mtr high from mean sea level and is situated in
the district of Koraput , Odisha. Deomali and adjoining hills have
a unique high altitude grassland habitat and are home to a variety
of high altitude flora and fauna.

EXIF Info
Shutter Speed:1/640 Sec.
Aperture:F/8
ISO Speed:ISO-100

Mrudul Godbole
24-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Lovely landscape. I liked the composition and the different colour shades. I tried to crop the top portion for a pano composition. What was the focal length? Which lens were you using? Do post your equipment details. You could have tried a more wider composition. Thanks for sharing.

Rajan Kanagasabai
25-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Lovely layers of colors and composition. Do post equipment details as well. Did you also try a Pano ?

Thanks for sharing

regards
Rajan

Partha Pratim Patra
25-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks everyone for your critique. I have taken this image using a Canon SX40HS Fixed lense Prosumer camera. And the focal length was 30 mm.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Don't use any digital zoom. Understand the limitations of the camera and click accordingly. If you need to zoom, then zoom with your feet ie. try moving a few steps ahead. That will give you the best quality.

I know that most of the times we just park the vehicle and click at whatever time we pass through this area. However, a bit of planning to pass through this area during the times of best light ie. early mornings or late evenings will be great.

I would like to see some images of the grasslands if you have any. Thanks for sharing. I haven't been in this area for close to a decade and half. :( Look forward to more from this area.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
31-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Beautiful. Love the graded layers in the image. Have seen some of Odisha's wilderness but never knew of these high altitude grasslands. Look forward to more from here.

Bibhav Behera
06-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Lovely sight. Odisha has so many beautiful places still unexplored. Great to see this! Thanks for sharing.

Kaustuv Chatterjee
01-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Stellar image!

Chitrita Chatterjee
19-03-2013, 03:09 PM
beautiful landscape-- love the colors and the layered composition... tfs