PDA

View Full Version : Asian Koel

Murugan Anantharaman
24-01-2013, 09:07 PM
This season had many visitors in my backyard. This koel had been making a lot of noise off late. Went to check it out and got this image. Again taken from my terrace. It was late in the evening and was getting dark hence had to pump up the ISO.

Nikon D7000,f/5.6,SS 1/20,ISO 1250,300mm, Cropped a bit.

Mrudul Godbole
24-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Nice to sight it in the open. Usually I hear it, but it is so well hidden that no photograph can be taken :(. You captured it well despite the low shutter speed. Thanks for sharing.

P.S - Congrats on completing 1000 posts..!! Appreciate that you take out time from you busy schedule and not only post images but also share your comments on other posts. Look forward to many more 1000's.. :).

Rajan Kanagasabai
25-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Congrats on the 1000, look forward to the next milestone. Good frame, though the image looks soft due to the low SS and possibly the crop. Beautiful red eyes and great eye contact.

Thanks for sharing

regards
Rajan

Saktipada Panigrahi
25-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Nice image. Nice that you got it in the open. I recollect I could hear its crescendo for the major part of the year except during monsoon when I was staying in Cuffe Parade. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
25-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks all for your comments.

Mrudul: Its actually the other way round. Indiawilds helps me unwind during my busy schedules. Its a great stress buster looking at images and commenting on them.I enjoy it thoroughly. So, I should be thanking you guys for making me a part of Indiawilds.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Nice to see this in the clear. In higher ISOs due to higher noise one will find less details as well. Cropping and under exposure exacerbates the problem. Great to see that you have had more than 1000 posts. When we take time to study and comment on the images as well as participate in various discussions, it also enriches us.

In one experiment by scientists, a class room was divided into three groups. One group was not allowed to play. The second group was allowed to play. And the third group was only allowed to visualise that they are playing but were not allowed to play. It was seen that, the first group who didn't play obviously didnt improve. The second group who played also obviously improved their skills. Amazingly, the third group who didn't play but only visualised themselves as playing, improved their skills and were close to the group who played. So it is important for us to look at the images, visualise ourselves in those places and critique.

Unfortunately, most of the people these days are not forthcoming about the crop, the processing that they did like cloning, selective sharpening, background noise reduction etc, robbing us of the ability to accurately visualise the situation. That would not help us in collectively learning. I don't want to police this forums. I don't want this to degenerate either. :(

Hmm.. I have digressed. Congratulations for the 1000 + posts. I am heavily into filming and when I get time, I am making an effort to look at the all the previous posts for the joy they bring in, as well as for helping me visualise the wildlife in various habitat. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi