PDA

View Full Version : Asian Paradise Flycatcher

Murugan Anantharaman
27-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Visited Valley Park in Navi Mumbai to catch the winter visitors. Saw quite a few birds, however I had specially gone to watch the paradise flycatcher which I heard frequents the place during winters. After about 3 hours of scanning the place just when I was about to leave I managed to sight this beautiful bird.

Nikon D7000,f/5.6,SS 1/80, ISO 400,ec +.3,fl 300mm. Almost full frame.

Jitendra Katre
27-01-2013, 05:57 PM
nice one...good sharpnees..

Saktipada Panigrahi
28-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Nice you got the rufous male with the long tail. Eyes full of pathos. May be affected by destruction of trees all around by we, human beings; he needs your support. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
28-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Lovely sighting. Nice eye contact. Nicely composed to include the long tail feathers. I am still to photograph this beautiful bird :(. Thanks for sharing.

Prasad Dingankar
28-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Lovely catch....

Sabyasachi Patra
28-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Nice to see this. Wish you had better light. The birds and other animals too have a right to live. I hope we can leave green areas for them. Unfortunately, people believe green areas means lawns and they cut off the trees. While driving from Rann of Kutch we stayed in a beautiful hotel and found all the branches of the trees cut off. I was told lot of leaves fall and the place is messed up. So they cut off the trees. :(