PDA

View Full Version : Purple Rumped Sunbird-Female

Murugan Anantharaman
30-01-2013, 08:18 AM
There are certain places in valley park where hills meet the land. In such places barren rocks are surrounded by flowering trees. It was in one such place that I saw sunbirds, lots of them. I must have atleast seen 20-25 sunbirds all over the place. Crimson,Loten's,Purple rumped. As I approached the rocks the sunbirds started flying away. I found a good rock to sit on and after a few mins some of them started flying close by. I didnt want to make any major movements hence missed out on quite a few of them but the feeling of being surrounded by sunbirds was lovely. This pretty female seemed to be comfortable and came closeby.

Nikon D7000,f/5.6,SS 1/640,300mm. Minimal crop.Slightly sharpened.

Mrudul Godbole
30-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Nice close-up. Good eye contact and catch light. I would like slight more space on the right to make it a rectangular composition, than the present square one. There seems to be some noise in the background. What was the ISO? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
30-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Cute little bird. I like the eye contact. Good that you got it without any obstruction. Agree that there is lot of noise. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
30-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks Mrudul and Sabyasachi for your comments. The ISO was 640. Missed quoting it. I think a major contributor to the noise is due to sharpening. Attaching the same image unsharpened.

Saktipada Panigrahi
01-02-2013, 05:59 AM
Nice. The perch and colours look nice. The thoughtful eyes I like most in this photograph. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild