View Full Version : Osprey Silhouette

Anshul Jain
31-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Osprey @ Narara
7D, 100-400
1/8000, f5.6, Iso 500.

Mrudul Godbole
31-01-2013, 08:44 PM
The flight pose is nice. The silhouette loos good. Placing it on the rule of thirds would have enhanced the composition further. Is this a crop? I think a lesser ISO and shutter speed would have sufficed. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-02-2013, 08:56 PM
At 1/8000 shutter speed, naturally the light available for the sensor will be less and hence the silhouette. To me this colour looks a bit artificial. Also the top left top corner looks darker and the bottom right corner is bright. If the lighting behind would have been uniform, then the entire attention will be on the bird.

Anshul Jain
02-02-2013, 03:50 PM
@Sabyasachi: this was taken in late evening, and the light was behind the osprey.
Actually, the osprey was sitting on an electric tower, when it suddenly took off and I did not have any chance of changing the settings, this was taken in av mode, although it was my intention to take a silhouette. When I previewed this picture on the camera, these were the apprx colors. but when I reviewed it on my laptop, the colors were entirely different (never happened before or since), and had to match the color in PP.