PDA

View Full Version : Morning patrol

Ajay Kumar Tharavath
05-02-2013, 12:47 PM
My first visit to Kabini and I sighted tiger in my first two safaris . This one was shot in the morning safari under very poor lighting conditions. A typical misty winter morning. The tigress was doing her morning patrol marking her territory. The sighting lasted about 10 minutes before it disappeared into the foliage.

EFIX - 1/250 , F 5.6, ISO 800, 270 mm
Slight crop to the left of the frame to exclude a distracting tree trunk.
Nikon D7000 with 70 - 300 lens

Sabyasachi Patra
05-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Ajay,
Congratulations on your first tiger sighting in Kabini!

The dense vegetation, especially the lantana makes it difficult for sightings. Wish you had some better light. It is good that you got the tiger in the open without any distracting vegetation in between.

A bit more brightness would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
05-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Nice winter morning feel in this image. agree wuld been great with better light.

TFS
Roopak

Suraj Sreedhar
05-02-2013, 09:51 PM
WoW.........tiger sightinge are increasing day by day in KABINI:thumbup:
Nice image
TFS

Mrudul Godbole
06-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Sighting a tiger on early winter morning gives a great feeling. Nice to see it in the open. The composition looks fine. Good that you used a higher ISO. Good to know there are more tigers sightings in Kabini. When was this taken in January? Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Majestic tigress. Nice composition. I am again and again looking at her powerful forelegs. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Ajay Kumar Tharavath
13-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Sighting a tiger on early winter morning gives a great feeling. Nice to see it in the open. The composition looks fine. Good that you used a higher ISO. Good to know there are more tigers sightings in Kabini. When was this taken in January? Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

This image was taken in December last year . 13th December 2012 to be precise.