PDA

View Full Version : The Sunrise and the Flames

Prajwal J Ullal
05-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Got this shot at the recent visit to Sewri to encounter the migrators...the Flamingos. Unfortunately when I reached these beauties were too far off from the point, so thought of capturing some landscapes
EXIF:
Canon EOS 550D
Canon 55-250 IS
F/11
Shutterspeed 1/1250
ISO 400
-0.7 step comp

Mrudul Godbole
06-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Nice to see them is such huge numbers. I feel the bottom part (mud area) doesn't add much to the image, so including less of that area would have been good. Was any change done to the white balance? Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
06-02-2013, 07:23 PM
What time was this clicked? Looks quite foggy. Agree that including less of the foreground would have made the image better.
TFS

Prajwal J Ullal
07-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Well I clicked this in Cloudy WB and have editted the RAW to make it a bit more warm. This was taken somewhere around 9a.m.
It wasnt foggy as it was a warm morning, but the area was more hazy, was a nightmarish sunrise, but started receding after sometime

Sabyasachi Patra
11-02-2013, 02:24 PM
I guess you did a literal interpretation of the golden sunlight of the morning and had a different white balance. I guess the colour temperature was 7500 K + or beyond. Looks a bit exaggerated. In wildlife photography, there is no substitute for clicking in the right time and light.

I would strongly urge you to visit this place again, very early in the morning ie. before dawn and then create a landscape with flamingoes. I am sure it will be great.