View Full Version : Flamin-goessssss

Prajwal J Ullal
05-02-2013, 01:39 PM
The experience worth all the pain...well after sunbathng for almost 3-4hours at the mudflats and searching for the best spot for getting as close to them, I could get this...just one of the few snaps I could get.

EXIF:
Canon EOS 550D
Canon 55-250
f/7
Shutterspeed 1/1250
ISO 200
-0.7 step comp
Roughly 50% crop

Mrudul Godbole
05-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Nice taking off pose. It surely would have been a amazing sight to see these birds taking off. Liked the way they are stretching their necks ahead. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Nice to see flamingoes. I certainly can't expect full frame images with a smaller lens. If you can reach there before sunrise and place a hide in the mud, and be patient, then you can get them close. How many flamingoes are estimated to be there?

Murugan Anantharaman
08-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Nice image Prajwal. Which area in Sewri did you exactly go? near the masjid, where a heritage structure lies or any other side? Infact Airoli creek also has flamingoes in large numbers. If you can strike a deal with a local boatman at airoli you can get really close to the birds. I still havent contacted a boatman yet.

Sabyasachi: Last year when I went to Sewri creek, I saw roughly about-200-300 birds. Not sure about the count this year. Airoli creek had roughly 400-500 birds or even more last year.

Prajwal J Ullal
08-02-2013, 04:13 PM
@Murugan Anantharaman: Its near the petroleum section, just ahead of the Audi's service centre. Would love to check at Airoli too, even Dad mentioned the same yesterday. Had enjoyed a similar experience of boating too close to the Flamingos at Bhigwan.
@Sabyasachi sir: I didnt count them, but there were looking at the flocks and groups I guess there was close to 450-500 of them. A local shipyard person mentioned last year the overall flock size was close to two to three times the size this year.