PDA

View Full Version : Black Kite with Kill

Murugan Anantharaman
06-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Took a much needed break from work and headed to Ganpatipule. A quaint little beach side town in the Konkan ghats of Maharashtra. More famous for the Ganesh temple. I got a nice sea facing room with pine trees around. Noticed that Kites (black and brahminy) were building nests for the upcoming breeding season. Saw this kite hunt and relax on its favourite perch while having its meal.Most times it would bring fish from the sea, but this time it was a rat. A caring partner, also shared with its better half :).

Nikon D7000,f/5.6,SS 1/640,ISO 200,ec +.3,Fl 300mm. Cropped a bit.

Prasad Dingankar
06-02-2013, 01:08 PM
WOW, its always home like feeling by seeing the birds from Konkan.Thanks for sharing. Do post some sunset from Ganpatipule.. One on the wish list of Shakti Da.

PS. Yor are almost at my home Murugan.

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
06-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Nice image.Increasing the contrast a bit would have been good.BTW what is the prey ? Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Nice image. Ideal place for sojourn. Prasad bhai has remembered I wished to have an image of the setting sun at Ganpatipule. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
07-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Nice perch. Lovely eye contact and catch light. Yes it seems it is a rat, the long tail is visible. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Divyang Dave
07-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Fantastic shot.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Nice image. Great that you got it with a kill. Often we forget these places and force ourselves into visiting crowded national parks. The scenic konkan coast is soon going to be ravaged by nuclear power plants and other industries, if our elected representatives have their way.