PDA

View Full Version : 3 Tigresses resting while eating their kill

Kaustuv Chatterjee
21-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Early morning shot....dawn had just broken. The pink on the tigress on the right is blood from a wild boar that these Telia cubs (now almost sub adults) had hunted and were eating

Nikon D90, Nikkor 70-300mm, shot at 300mm, ISO 640, 1/25s - F/5.6

Mrudul Godbole
21-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Good to see that these cubs are doing well. Nice that you could get all the three in the frame. Liked the eye contact of the one lying down. The shutter speed was quite less due to the low light, using even a higher ISO would have been good. When was this photographed? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Nice to see image of this family. The eye contact with the middle one is nice. You have done well in the low light. D90 is not great a high ISOs, so you could have gone up by one third stop more. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prasad Dingankar
22-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Lovely sighting.... My tiger luck is yet to shine, despite one safari & a five KM walk in tigers own den TATR.... thanks for sharing

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-02-2013, 07:02 AM
Nice composition of the family in their habitat. Relaxed pose after a good meal. Eye of the cub at the centre looks so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Kaustuv Chatterjee
25-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Thanks all of you! This sighting was on 15th Feb early morning....as soon as we entered the park....the sighting was for an hour and it was only later when we realised how lucky we had been to see all 4 cubs (about 17 months old now - so sub adults) feasting on the huge boar they'd killed (perhaps with their mother). Unfortunately could not manage a clean shot of all 4 as it was dense foliage

Murugan Anantharaman
25-02-2013, 11:42 PM
I think Tadoba currently has the best sightings as these cubs are more than happy posing. However, it may be a bit sad to know that they have always been accustomed to humans. This is a nice image Kaustuv, the blood stains look nice. I have been reading Maneaters of Kumaon again off late and can relate to these stains :). Nice you could capture all 3 in a single frame. Thanks for sharing.

Kaustuv Chatterjee
26-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Thanks Murugan...what a book!