PDA

View Full Version : Tigress

Amit Gupta
22-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Kanha National Park, June 2009.

My first 'real' sighting, and indeed my first ever photo of a tiger. After a few rounds around the park, with only one glimpse of a far away tiger through the woods, we were quite resigned to another blank trip. After trying the 'Indri' area, the driver decided to stop near a nullah in the 'maidan', where a tiger show had happened in the morning. A few seconds, and an excited whisper from one of out party - Tiger!.

She had just risen from a nullah bed a few score feet away, where presumabely she had been keeping her cool through the day, and surveyed the surroundings

EOS 40D+70-300IS, 1/160; ISO 200; f5.6; partly cropped.

Mrudul Godbole
22-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Great first tiger photograph.Loved the eye contact and the perfect enviornment. She looks like a young tigress. A off-centre composition could have worked better.
Do post the other photographs taken in the trip..

AB Apana
23-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Nice one, Amit. I'd suggest an off-centre crop.

Apana

Murugan Anantharaman
23-06-2009, 10:11 AM
lovely eyes.....nice image and a nice experience too....first tiger sightings are very special...i had mine on my birthday 15yrs back :) ...looking forward to more images!!!

Sabyasachi Patra
27-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Congratulations Amit!

A tiger sighting is always memorable and the first one is an incredible feeling. It is good that you got the face in the clear. Moving the camera more towards the right would have given less space on the left and more on the right in the direction it is looking. That would have strengthened the image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi