View Full Version : Tiger

Gajanan Bapat
28-02-2013, 05:41 PM
At Nagzira -- Feb 2013 ..

Canon 7D; 100-400 mm

f/6.3; 1/60 sec; ISO-640; 120 mm; AV Mode; Handheld

Saktipada Panigrahi
28-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Nice to see the tiger of Nagzira in beautiful setting. I have a liking for such images.
Hoping against hope, after disastrous first 2 months of the year 2013, that Nagzira-Navegaon sanctuary will be declared as a Tiger Reserve. This stretch has about 20 tigers as reported. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.: I understand that some positive steps are being taken for formal declaration of Satyamangalam sanctuary (TN) as a Tiger Reserve.

Mrudul Godbole
28-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Nice environment composition. Liked the way the curved path leads the eye to the tiger. Presently the tiger is in the center of the frame, maybe placing the tiger a bit more to the right (with more space on the left) would have enhanced the composition further. That would have also helped to avoid the bright vegetation on the right. Thanks for sharing.

Gajanan Bapat
01-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Dear Mr. Saktipada Panigrahi

R U sure about 20 nos of Tiger at Nagzira?

Gajanan

Saktipada Panigrahi
01-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Gajanan Bhai,

NTCA catagorises the tiger habitats which have potential for declaring as new TRs into 3 broad categories :
PENDING CASES:
(1)In-principle approval accorded by NTCA for creation of TR: 5 nos.
(2)Final approval accorded by NTCA:1 no.
(3)States advised by NTCA to send Proposals for consideration :6 nos.

Nagzira-Navegaon belt falls within the 3rd. category. I try to keep a track of Q & A in the Parliament and written reply placed by the Hon'ble Minister of State as also published data. As per latest information available with me, there are about 20 tigers, possibly cubs included, in the Nagzira-Navegaon belt, not Nagzira alone. NTCA has, therefore, found potential and has requested the State Govt. to forward the proposal for detailed appraisal.

Kind regards,
SaktiWild

Gajanan Bapat
01-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Dear Mr. Saktipada Panigrah

As I am regular touch with Nagzira guide,Local People, local NGO , regular tourist [ minimum visit twice in a week ] & forest dept , as regular sighting of 3 to 5 Tigers [ Include Cubs ] only ...

Last week I am at nagzira from 22 to 24 feb 13, in a three days only one sighting of Tiger, which was I upload, also this sighting only our Gipsy, not others ..

This is for your information please,
Thanks Take care Keep in touch

Gajanan Bapat

Murugan Anantharaman
01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Nice habitat image. The curved road as mentioned by Mrudul looks lovely.

Its alarming as well as scary too. Many a times the numbers projected may not be close to the actual numbers. I am sure Saktida has enough written articles to validate the number however what the locals say can also not be ignored. We may have to do a thorough investigation when we visit there soon Gajanan Bhai. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Nice that you got to see a tiger. I would love to come there, but have heard that the waterholes are all cemented. I hate to see tiger in cement bath tubs. Will plan based something.

The 20 tigers are in the entire belt. So only Nagzira would be less. Also, the guides etc move in fixed zones, so for the entire landscape they will not know the exact number.