PDA

View Full Version : Kali Amba Tigress

Praveen Siddannavar
08-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is one such parks in our country where these beautiful cats fearlessly come close to the jeeps. This is one such tigress referred as Kali Amba area tigress very rarely seen & we spotted her on Navegoan route. Probably she was on a her morning stroll and got in quite close especially for my 500mm lens. The only option I had to make a portrait of this beauty.

Camera - Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon f4 500mm lens
EXIF - ISO 800 Av 4 Tv 1/400 sec EC -0.3 Subj dist 17.5M, Full frame
Location - Tadoba
Date 26th January 2013 @ 8:30am

Mrudul Godbole
08-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Nice portrait. Liked the composition and the eye contact. The whiskers look lovely :). Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Nice image. The side profile looks nice.

Happy to see the tigers of tadoba-andhari thriving. This is the first tiger reserve in India to have their communication system shifted from wireless to GSM. Based on discussions with the then field director Dr. Patil, I had written a letter to Govt. to seek permission to donate phones and finally it happened. How can I forget the lousy speech in Hindi that I was forced to deliver during the ceremony. :)
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
09-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Nice portrait. Very happy to see the image of a lesser known elusive tigress, that too on Navegaon route. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
12-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Very nice image Praveen. The whiskers have come out well and the overall image is lovely. Thanks for sharing.