PDA

View Full Version : Cheiracanthium sp.

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
08-03-2013, 06:07 PM
canon EOS 7D + 100mm macro 1/200 Sec f-16 ISO-500

Mrudul Godbole
08-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Wow it has caught a big worm. Good eye contact. The details look good. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
09-03-2013, 12:13 PM
nice moment.that is a big catch. not too sure if this is a jumping spider.

TFS
Roopak

Abhishek Jamalabad
09-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Nice find. Tough one to ID. It is not a jumping spider. I'm guessing it might be a female specimen of one of the Leucauge spiders. Will get back with the correct ID if possible. You could meanwhile browse around to compare Leucauge records with your find. Shots from other angles, especially from the top, are welcome for ID purposes.

TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
14-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Nice record. How much of a crop is this? Some more sharpness would have done wonders. In macro, it is not easy because we need good depth of field and hence shutter speed goes down. Thanks for sharing.

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
14-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Nice record. How much of a crop is this? Some more sharpness would have done wonders. In macro, it is not easy because we need good depth of field and hence shutter speed goes down. Thanks for sharing.

no....this is the fullframe sir night shoot i use 2 flashs( canon 580ex2,nikon sb-22) + 2 reflactors....
thank you

Abhishek Jamalabad
16-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Jobymon,
I've got the ID confirmed from experts, this is Cheiracanthium sp., identifiable by the unique chelicerae ("claws" or "fangs"). The eye arrangementalso resembles that of its family, Miturgididae.
Nice find, and thanks again for sharing!

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
18-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Jobymon,
I've got the ID confirmed from experts, this is Cheiracanthium sp., identifiable by the unique chelicerae ("claws" or "fangs"). The eye arrangementalso resembles that of its family, Miturgididae.
Nice find, and thanks again for sharing!

Abhishek Jamalabad,
i search it in Wikipedia but canot found... in google search found but they are
photographers posts like in flicker.....Cheiracanthium punctorium-Yellow Sack Spider
thank you very much.