PDA

View Full Version : dinner time..

Chitrita Chatterjee
13-03-2013, 11:24 AM
this was taken at the lake at Naukuchiyatal- I for one have never seen anything like this before. The crab had the snake by its head, waited till the snake had stopped thrashing around, then pulled into the water...
Wish I had a better camera to record this...

Mrudul Godbole
14-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Wow a crab with a snake kill. Quite rare. You could witness the entire sequence? Seems the light was quite bad. Nicely documented. Thanks for sharing this natural history moment.

Anil Kumar Verma
14-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Amazing !!! Life is stranger than fiction & this looks right out of some mythology book. Thanks for Sharing this wonderful moment.

In my opinion, some moments are precious & this picture is all about the moment than being a very technically correct photo by a technically correct equipment. Remember reading, some-one saying , best camera is the one you have at the moment.

Keep sharing.

Regards/Anil Kumar Verma

Sabyasachi Patra
14-03-2013, 01:22 PM
This is a nice natural history moment. Straight from grandma's tales! Not many will believe this. Such images raises our knowledge. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
14-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Nature's another rare drama well documented. How many of us have the eyes to see them.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Chitrita Chatterjee
15-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the wonderful comments folks-- it was taken at dusk, reason for the bad light I suppose :) This was a fascinating sighting. One more frm this series-

Chitrita Chatterjee
15-03-2013, 10:53 AM
took quite a few pics (wasnt too sure how the pics would turn out- it was dusk). posting another one frm this series here...

Abhishek Jamalabad
16-03-2013, 07:26 PM
A brilliant record. This is not something often seen, especially considering you got to witness the whole sequence of events. I wonder whether even the crab does this often :), for a small animal with limited dexterity to take down a snake is no easy task! I have seen dead snakes being dragged down crab holes, but haven't ever witnessed anything like this.
TFS