PDA

View Full Version : The King Of Woods | Tiger | Kabini

Sucheth Lingachar
19-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Photographed at Kabini in low light condition
Nikon D3100, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED + AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II/14E

F/6.3,1/320s, ISO 1600, 420mm

This was my first Tiger in Kabini and it was awesome experience. As soon as we entered the forest we saw the fresh pug marks and followed it, after few minutes Afsar our naturalist shouted in low voice Tiger Tiger Tiger.....There he is walking... this guy was very shy, as soon as he heard our vehicle sound started to move into the Bush in b/w stood for few seconds and looked at us and moved into the bushes.

Mrudul Godbole
19-03-2013, 05:34 PM
I liked the display of habitat. Its good you got the moment when it glanced towards the gypsy. The composition looks fine. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Watching a tiger in the wild is always a nice experience. It is great that you saw a tiger in kabini. How much of a crop is this? I would have loved some more details and more depth of field. However light seems to be pretty low. Did you do any noise reduction? For how long the sighting lasted. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sucheth Lingachar
19-03-2013, 10:54 PM
thank you Mrudul and Sabysachi patra for the comments...

Sabyasachi Patra: previous day it rained and it was full mist all over and light was very low.. i didn't get time to put my camera on the bean bag... this was taken hand held..

the sighting was just few seconds thats all..... took 15- 20 shots this is full frame removed few pixels from bottom...

Manasi Chaphalkar
19-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Congratulations ..:-) for first tiger sighting in Kabini..nice composition in given conditions..you got it at exact moment..nice pic..

Regards
Manasi C

Saktipada Panigrahi
20-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Its nice that you have seen your first tiger in Kabini. The tiger looks healthy. Size of the head appears comparatively smaller for a male. The habitat covered in the composition has added value to the image.Thanks For sharing.SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
20-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Nice sighting sucheth, wish you had some better light to deal with. sort of blends into the summer setting ..

TFS
Roopak

Sucheth Lingachar
20-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Thank you Manasi, Sakti Ji and Roopak for the comments....

Saktipada Panigrahi : its young male in that region and we observed that its left eye got totally damaged but its healthy male...

Roopak : yes it would have been even better if light was more...:(

Suraj Sreedhar
23-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Nice habitat image.....................loved it
Tfs